You don’t need me tell you how much marketing has changed and how fast things are going. Although you might want to know where it’s all heading. When it comes to getting the edge on online marketing, video is where it’s at! And if you need convincing, I’ve compiled some commanding stats to prove it. Here are the top 10 reasons why video marketing is so powerful.
- About 46% of people say they’d be more likely to seek out information about a product or service after seeing it in an online video. (Source: Eloqua)
- Video is now the sixth most popular content marketing tactic, as 70% of B2B marketers use some form of online video with their overall strategies. (Source: Eloqua)
- Of the 80% of internet users who watched a video ad, 46% took some sort of action after viewing the ad. (Source: Video Brewery)
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video. (Source: Mist Media)
- Video and e-mail marketing can increase click-through rates by more than 90%. (Source: Mist Media)
- Video equals higher viewer retention. The information retained in one minute of online video is equal to about 1.8 million written words. (Source: Brainshark)
- Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors, doubles their time spent on the site and has a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- Blog posts incorporating video attract three times as many inbound links as blog posts without video. (Source: SEOmoz)
- 59% of senior executives prefer video over text. (Source: Brainshark)
- Having video on the landing page of your site makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of Google. (Source: Mist Media)
41 Stories is an award-winning, knowledge-sharing B2C and B2B Marketing Blog. Subscribe via email to receive email updates.
After reading these mind-blowing statistics, you are more than likely ready to get started with your own video marketing program. So, why not pick up the phone or send an e-mail to learn more about SCG’s full marketing strategy, including video marketing?
For more information on video marketing: