As B2B marketers, we use a variety of methods to conduct meetings and stay connected with clients and our clients’ customers. While you may be more familiar with Skype or webinars as tools that help you stay in touch or host meetings, Google+ Hangouts takes functionality and productivity to a whole new level. A feature of Google+, Hangouts allow groups of up to 10 people to patricipate in live (and free!) group video chats—but it’s way more than that.
Now that Hangouts has replaced Gmail’s video chats, it’s important for B2B marketers to take a look at how this new tool can help increase efficiency through new ways of working and collaborating. Here are 10 ways B2B companies can use Google+ Hangouts to benefit your day-to-day operations:
- Internal meetings. You can use Hangouts to conduct private meetings with your entire sales team or between your remote offices. And Hangouts allows you to use the add-ons that Google offers like “share screen” to collaborate on and edit documents in real time.
- Client meetings. Most likely you’ve had client meetings where particpants are separated by geography. Be the first to impress your clients by scheduling video conference calls and create that in-person feeling without the need to travel. And even if a member is unable to access Google+, they can simply conference in with a free voice call.
- Trade shows and conferences. If you are at trade show or speaking at a conference why not invite the people who are unable to physically attend? It’s a perfect opportunity to use Hangouts on Air for showcasing your products or capabilities and sharing your industry knowledge.
- Training or demos. When it comes to training or demonstrations, visual and personal feedback is key and can aid in improving customer and employee experience. Hangouts is a great place to do internal training or to spotlight a new product or service with a demo.
- Network with influencers. Many reporters and media organizations have Google+ profiles. Uniquely engage them with a Hangout to showcase your latest product or service.
- Q & A sessions. These live video sessions provide an excellent opportunity for customers and potential customers to learn about your business and you’re able to offer interactive and personalized responses.
- Focus groups. Organize focus groups to gather feedback on your products or services. Even if participants are miles apart, you’ll still benefit from a face-to-face connection and conversation.
- Testimonials. Conduct a customer testimonial as a video interview. This can be easily done with a mobile device and then edited and saved to YouTube.
- Customer service. Schedule a virtual help desk to allow customers the opportunity to visually consult with the appropriate people.
- Pull back the curtains. Give your customers the behind-the-scenes look at your business. This could be a tour of your working factory or employee interviews.
Google Plus Hangouts for business can help B2B marketers reach clients and customers in different ways than ever before. Is your business using Hangouts to connect and collaborate?